Sunday 13 May 2012

And so we begin

I have been thinking for some time that I might like to put a little of my radio likes and dislikes into words and pictures.....so here we are!

Usual disclaimer....anything in here is just a point of view and not meant to be vindictive in any way....so I hope some of it might be of some entertainment value to you.


So, who is Rob?

'85 saw my introduction into amateur radio. I held the call G1MJR for a few years before somehow passing the dreaded 12wpm morse test and being given G0IFL in '87. Most of my early years were spent on WAB nets and I even managed to go mobile from time to time. Being in the forces, I travelled a lot and putting up antennas was not always the easiest thing to do. This had a fundamental effect on my enjoyment and eventually I packed the radio away and pretty much forgot about it. For some unknown reason, in 2007 I started to regain the interest. I broke out 'Old Faithful' and even bought a new mobile radio for the journeys back and forth to work. My enjoyment was a little short lived as I was sent off to the Middle East for a while. On returning, I relocated to Switzerland and here I am. Not the ideal location as for every high mountain there is a deep valley....and I am in one!

oh!.......HB9ETR

No comments:

Post a Comment